Criteria for enrolment in a New Zealand Catholic school
1. The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
2. The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
3. At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
4. With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a grandparent or other significant adult in the child’s life, such as an aunt, uncle or godparent, undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5. One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
If a child seeks enrolment as a preference student, he or she must obtain a signed preference certificate from the Parish Priest. Preference certificates can be obtained from the Parish Priest.
St Teresa's School welcomes enquiries for enrolment, please contact the office initially to discuss.
At the time of enrolment you will need to provide the following...
- birth certificate
- immunisation records
- preference certificate (if required)
- baptism certificate
- copy of passport and visa if applicable
Click here to fill out an enrolment form as an expression of interest. Please note this does not confirm a place for your child, you will need to ring the office and make an appointment to meet with the principal.